Every day items and a few rather innovative objects feature in this interesting macro photography tutorial which has been put together by the amazing COOPH team.
Our friends COOPH are back with another cracking tutorial and this time, their focus is macro photography. The COOPH photographers are challenging themselves, once again, to come up with innovative ideas for a macro photography shoot.
Themes this time include:
1. Magnetic Macro – Playing around with magnetic dust on metal objects so you can focus on the sharp shapes and edges it creates.
2. Musical Macro – Photograph the lines on a record or play around with refraction photography and photograph rainbows on CDs.
3. Bubble Macro – Focus your macro lens on bubbles in a liquid such as coffee which will have a lovely contrast between the bubbles and liquid.
4. Fire Macro – Take a bit more care with this one but lit matches and sparklers are amazing items to capture macro shots of.
5. ‘Everyday’ Macro – Look for the extraordinary in the ordinary as even the most mundane of objects can look amazing under a macro lens.
6. Fruit & Fungi Macro – Not everyone will want to photograph mouldy veg and fruit but the colours and textures are really cool! For something less gross, focus on slices of fruit and veg so you can see patterns up close.
Take a look at the video, check out the creative tips then why not share your macro shots with us in the Gallery?