Canon’s RF mirrorless lenses have been widely lauded for their stunning optical quality, but they are also quite expensive, and some photographers may not want to pay top dollar for them. Thankfully, as the RF lens library continues to fill out, more affordable options are starting to appear, and this great video review takes a look at one such option, the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM.
Coming to you from Gordon Laing, this excellent video review takes a look at the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM lens. The 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro is a rather versatile and affordable lens that features:
- Super Spectra coating to minimize flares and ghosting and increase contrast
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to five stops of compensation
- Macro capabilities with up to 1:2 magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 6.7 inches
- STM stepping motor ideal for video work
- Customizable Control Ring with a variety of assignable settings
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
All things considered, the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM looks to be a very useful and versatile lens, and at a price point of $449, it is quite affordable as well. Check out the video above for Laing’s full thoughts.