Vanguard has announced a new tripod range, the VEO 3+ range, designed to be versatile, and suitable for all shooting types, from landscape to macro, with multiple mount support, built-in monopod, multi-angle central column, and easy clean leg locks.
The tripod range is priced at £229 for the VEO 3+ 263AB and VEO 3+ 263AP, and £299 for the Cabon Fibre VEO 3+ 263CB and VEO 3+ 263CP.
- Multi-Angle Central Column that moves almost 360° in any direction
- Multi-Angle Central Column that can convert to a Multi-Mount when used with the VEO MA-1 provided
- A tripod leg that converts to a monopod and extends over 1.8m
- Three easy set leg angles (23°, 50° and 80°)
- Maximum load capacity – up to 15kg
- A choice of Arca compatible heads – ball/3-way pan head
- 1/2 turn twist locks that are designed to be easy to maintain
- A choice of rubber or spiked feet
- 3/8″ thread on side of canopy for additional sidearm (not provided)
- Premium padded tripod bag that is the equivalent of the Alta Action 80
To launch the VEO 3+ Vanguard will be running a Facebook Live event on @VanguardPhotoUK at mid-day on Sunday 20th September 2020, where we will demo this new tripod and answer any questions live as part of our support for The Photography Show. This is part of a full program of Facebook Live sessions and you can see more information on the Facebook event.
The tripod will be available in October 2020, and Vanguard will be offering the first 50 people who buy any VEO 3+ from any UK dealer and register it with them a FREE VEO 2GO 204AB Travel Tripod worth £100!
From Vanguard: VEO 3+ Collection, Vanguard’s most versatile tripod – EVER!
Over the years, Vanguard has driven to develop a versatile and intuitive tripod that is suitable for any style of photographer, from macro to landscapes. Building on over 30 years design and manufacturing experience, and a multi-million $ investment in a new factory, machinery, materials and training over the last three years, Vanguard is delighted to deliver the new VEO 3+ Collection. Our most versatile tripod – ever!
Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC):
The MACC on the new VEO 3+ tripods allows the central column to be moved almost 360° in any direction in seconds. Combined with the innovative push-button leg lock and three easy set leg angles (23°, 50° and 80°) allows this tripod to transition from a macro setting down low, to a landscape setting up over 1.7m tall in around 30 seconds. The locking system is simple and intuitive and, thanks to the precision of the CNC production, delivers a solid and stable base that is leading-edge at its price position.
As if the versatility of the MACC wasn’t enough, Vanguard have designed the MACC to double up as a Multi-Mount using the VEO MA-1 which is included free. This allows you to attach additional kit to make the most of your photoshoot, such as a microphone or lighting unit. The central column also includes a scale that, combined with the other degree markings on the tripod, allows you to replicate shots over time.
Solid, Easy Clean Leg Locks:
VEO 3+ Tripods come with ergonomic half-turn twist locks to unlock/lock the legs in seconds, allowing the tripod to be deployed/stowed rapidly and silently. Despite this speed, the leg locks combine with the premium 26mm diameter tubes to deliver a stable and solid base that extends over 1.7m for any shot.
To support the growing trend for beach photography, where the extra seconds of exposure a tripod can deliver can create stunning effects, VEO 3+ tripods include easy clean leg locks. Simply unscrew, clean, reconnect and you maximize the life of the tripod from the corrosive nature of sand and sea on these critical mechanisms.
Leg That Converts To A Monopod:
For those times when you don’t need the full tripod, simply remove the marked tripod leg and central column, and screw the two together for a monopod that extends to over 1.8m.
A Premium, High-Quality Shoulder Bag:
It’s rare that a tripod bag is more than a passing mention in a product description, but the tripod bag designed specifically for the VEO 3+ Series demonstrates the attention to detail by the Vanguard design team. This padded shoulder bag is designed to keep your tripod safe with full zip access and an internal zip-up pocket for accessories. With two carry handles and the adjustable shoulder strap, this high-quality tripod bag makes it easy and comfortable to carry the VEO 3+ tripod, wherever you’re exploring.
More great features of the VEO 3+ Tripods:
- A choice of Arca compatible VEO BH-160 Ball Head or an innovative VEO 2 PH-38 3-Way Pan Head, with a maximum load capacity of 15kg and 6kg respectively.
- The VEO 2 PH-38 3-Way Pan Head allows the top handle to rotate to 90°, 180°, 270° and back to the starting position. This allows the photographer to choose the most comfortable setting for their shot. Whether a left-handed photographer, a photographer creating video with their camera, or if there’s an obstacle that’s preventing them from framing the perfect shot because the handle’s sticking out, the VEO 2 PH-38 rotating top handle can support.
- Rubber feet that can be removed to attach spiked feet (provided) for use outdoors
- A retractable and removable hook at the base of the central column for attaching additional weight to add additional stability when needed
- The tripod canopy includes a 3/8” thread for an additional support arm to be attached (not provided), that then allows further accessories to be attached to the tripod to maximize the shot
- A thread that converts from 3/8” to 1/4” by simply unlocking the set screw, turning the thread over and tightening the set screw, ensuring any tripod head will fit
As a result, this innovative design, partnered with leading manufacturing techniques, delivers an experience that allows any photographer to explore their world with confidence.
Vanguard VEO 3+ 263AB/CB Specifications
- Aluminium (AB) / Carbon Fibre (CB)
- 76cm Folded Height
- 172.5cm Extended Height
- 0.5cm Minimum Height
- VEO BH-160 Ball Head
- 15kg Max load capacity
- 182.5cm Monopod Height
- 3 Sections
- Easy Clean Twist Leg Locks
- Weight 2.45kg (AB), 2.13kg (CB)
Vanguard VEO 3+ 263AP/CP Specifications
- Aluminium (AP) / Carbon Fibre (CP)
- 77.5cm Folded Height
- 173.5cm Extended Height
- 0.5cm Minimum Height
- VEO 2 PH-38 – 3-way Pan Head
- 6kg Max load capacity
- 183.5cm Monopod Height
- 3 Sections
- Easy Clean Twist Leg Locks
- Weight 2.63kg (AP), 2.31kg (CP)
Despite the innovation, versatility and quality in the new VEO 3+ Tripod, Vanguard strives to deliver outstanding value for money and this is no exception. We recommend you visit your local dealer to check it out and #MakeUpYourOwnMind. We’re confident you won’t be disappointed.
It doesn’t cost you anything extra when you use these links, but it does support the site, helping keep ePHOTOzine free to use, thank you.